Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and you know what that means! Delicious, homemade desserts! And the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Holiday Desserts is Homemade Apple Pie. Whether you’re cooking at home, or bringing a dish to dinner, this apple pie recipe will be sure to win over some hearts… and stomachs.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) package double crust ready-to-use pie crust (such as Pillsbury®)
- 4 large red apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Mix in sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water. Bring the syrup to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar, then remove from heat.
- Unroll pie crusts, press one into a 9-inch pie dish, and place the apples into the crust. Unroll the second crust and cut into about Eight 1-inch-wide strips. Criss-cross the strips over the apples, or weave into a lattice crust. Crimp the bottom crust over the lattice strips with your fingers. Spoon caramel sauce over pie, covering lattice portion of top crust; let remaining sauce drizzle through the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the crust is golden brown, the caramel on the top crust is set, and the apple filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to the top of Apple pie slice for added deliciousness!